Safaricom has today relieved many of its mobile data subscribers with the new Data bundles arrangement. There has been an outcry from its customers since the giant telco changed the pricing and validity period of data bundles in february this year.
Well, this are the details of the new offer:
- The new data bundles will be available to Safaricom Pre-pay and Post-Pay subscribers and they will be able to access mobile internet service through buying data bundles.
- Through the new scheme, Safaricom has 3 options on how customers will be able to buy and subscribe for Data bundles which include: Data bundles option, Time based tariff and Out of Bundle Tariff (Pay As You Go)
- To subscribe for the daily bundles, customers will be required to dial *544# from their phones, the bundles will be valid for 24hrs after which they expire.
- However, the bundles will roll over to the next day should the subscriber purchase another Daily Data Bundle before expiry.
- Under the daily Data bundle, customers will have an option of purchasing data bundles from 7MB from as low as Kshs. 5 up to 150MB at Kshs. 50
- The weekly bundles will be valid for 7 days from the time of purchase.
- At the expiry of 7 days, any unused bundles will expire and will be permanently unavailable. However, if you buy another bundle before the lapse of the 7 days, your unused bundle will be rolled over and be available to you for the validity period of the new bundle you have purchased.
- The Weekly bundles will be available from 5MB at Kshs 5 to 130MB at Kshs 100
- The monthly data bundles will have a validity period of 30 days from the time of purchase and will be available from 350MB at Kshs 250 to 12 GB at Kshs 3,000
- Daily Data Bundles
|Daily Data Bundles||SMS||Price (Kshs)||Validity Period|
- Weekly Data Bundles
|Weekly Bundles||Price (Kshs)||Validity Period|
- Monthly Data Bundles
|Monthly Bundles||Price (Kshs)||Validity Period|
- 90 Day Data Bundle
|90 Day Bundles||Price (Kshs)||Vay Period|