How to Format Your WhatsApp Texts
Are you tired of sending WhatsApp texts in the same old boring way? Maybe you have a birthday or a special occasion coming up and want to send your friends an invitation via WhatsApp. You can easily format your WhatsApp texts in various ways to make it look elegant and appealing.
In this guide, you will learn how to format your WhatsApp texts directly within the app. However, this is only limited to making the text bold, italic, strikethrough, and monospace. These formatting options are available on both iOS and Android devices. Here is how to do it:
- Bold Text: You can make your WhatsApp texts bold by simply adding an asterisk (*) at the beginning and end before sending it. For example, if you want to say “Happy Birthday” in bold, type *Happy Birthday*.
- Italic Text: To make your text italicized, use an underscore (_) before and after the word or phrase you want to italicize. For example, to write “I’m feeling great” in italics, type _I’m feeling great_.
- Strikethrough Text: Strikethrough your WhatsApp texts by adding a tilde (~) before and after the text. For example, if you want to say “This idea is not working” with strikethrough, type ~This idea is not working~. The text will look like this:
This idea is not working.
- Monospace Text: Monospace font is ideal for sharing code snippets. If you want to share some code with a friend, you can make your text appear in monospace font by typing three backticks (`) at the beginning and end of your code. For example, if you want to say “I am writing code” in monospace font, type “`I am writing code“`.
Formatting WhatsApp Texts without having to type special Characters
Alternatively, there is a simpler way to format your WhatsApp texts without having to type any special characters at the beginning and end of the text:
- Input the text you want to send.
- Tap and hold the text to select it.
- The options: Bold, Italic, Strikethrough, and Monospace will appear.
- Choose one according to the way you want to format your WhatsApp text.
- Send your text.
If you want to format your WhatsApp texts further, various font-generating websites like Lingojam and Cool Symbol can help you. These websites offer a variety of font styles you can copy and paste into your WhatsApp message. Simply type in the text you want to format, select your preferred font style, copy the generated text, and then paste it into your WhatsApp message.