Thanks to Safaricom M-pesa and Paypal, You can now be able to top up your PayPal account via M-Pesa in Kenya.
To top up your account, you need to do the following:
1. Have a PayPal account
2. Go to paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click on log in (top right corner).
3. You will be required to log in using your Paypal login details and thereafter agree to terms of using the service.
4. Add your M-Pesa phone number.
How to top up PayPal via M-PESA
- Log into your account at paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click on the “Top Up” button.
- Enter the amount you would like to top up in USD. You can click “Calculate” to get the equivalent amount converted in Kenya Shillings. This is the amount you need to transfer from M-PESA.
- Go to your M-PESA menu and select “Lipa na M-PESA” then the “Pay Bill” option.
- Enter Business Number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “Send”.
What you need to know
This are some of the Key things you need to know to enable you to transact smoothly using this service.
- You will be charged 4% conversion fee + PayBill M-PESA charges will apply.
- It may take up to 4 hours for the money to reflect in your PayPal account.
- The day’s exchange rate will appear at the bottom of the top up page. Be sure to check what amount you need to top up against the equivalent amount as reflected by the conversion calculator.
- The Transaction limit is Kshs. 70,000 per transaction and Kshs. 140,000 per day.
- You must use the phone number you connected to your Paypal as account number to transact otherwise the transaction wont go through.