Thanks to a partnership between PayPal and Safaricom. Withdrawals from PayPal to M-Pesa are now officially possible. The new service is operated by TransferTo, a B2B mobile payment company.
To withdraw your funds, you need to do the following:
- Have a PayPal account.
- Go to paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click on log in (top right corner).
- You will be prompted to log in and thereafter agree to terms of using the service.
- Add your M-Pesa phone number to link your M-pesa to your Paypal account.
How to withdraw money from PayPal to M-PESA
- Log into your account at paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click “Withdraw”.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw from your PayPal account in USD.
- You will be redirected to a page showing the amount to be received in KES, the exchange rate used for the currency conversion, and the estimated transaction processing time.
- Confirm and complete the withdrawal of money.
What you need to know.
This are some of the Key things you need to know to enable you to transact smoothly using this service.
- You will be charged 4% conversion fee + PayBill M-PESA charges will apply.
- It may take up to 4 hours for the money to reflect in your PayPal account.
- The day’s exchange rate will appear at the bottom of the top up page. Be sure to check what amount you need to top up against the equivalent amount as reflected by the conversion calculator.
- The Transaction limit is Kshs. 70,000 per transaction and Kshs. 140,000 per day.
- You must use the phone number you connected to your Paypal as account number to transact otherwise the transaction wont go through.