The Rebrand of Orange to Telkom Kenya is Now Complete


The rebrand of Telkom Kenya, formerly known as Orange Kenya, is now complete. The Kenyan telco reverted back to its original name after Orange Kenya exited the company in June last year.

The Kenyan Telco has been undergoing a rebrand  after being bought out by investment firm Helios Investment Partners.

Helios Investment Partners now own 60% of Telkom Kenya through Jamhuri Holdings Limited, a wholly owned holding company. The Kenyan government owns the remaining 40%.

Telkom Kenya is the oldest telecommunications company in Kenya. It was set in up in 1999 after the Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation (KPTC) was split into three entities; Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK), the Postal Corporation of Kenya (POSTA) and Telkom Kenya. It offers voice, data, mobile money, fibre connectivity among others.

Telkom Kenya embarked on a series of transformation programmes, to address target areas that were critical for change, before the launch of the new brand: strategic investment in infrastructure and long term investment in its human capital.

Telkom Kenya Infrastructure

The Telco has invested Sh5 billion  in network expansion over the last 12 months, adding 1600 sites as part of a revamp strategy that also includes its 2G and 3G footprint.

As part of the rebrand, Telkom also launched 4G on its network. The company is also discontinuing the Orange Money by July 7th to pave way for a new mobile money product.

The firm has dropped the Orange brand and adopted Telkom as its new trading name. It has also shed the old Orange corporate colour in favour of blue and yellow colours.

Telkom’s launch also came with with a promotional offer of free daily 4G data for its subscribers, which will run for a month.

Telkom said this would give the customers an opportunity to experience the fast download and upload speeds on their 4G network.

Free WhatsApp 

The telco’s customers will also have free daily access to WhatsApp during the promotional period.




About Author

Oliver is the editor and founder of Tech Guy. Oliver is a digital media and Tech Entrepreneur. He’s also an experienced digital media buyer. Oliver is open for opportunities in consulting in digital media buying including programmatic buying. Send Me a message