You can now renew drivers license in kenya at the comfort of your home, office, cybercafé or any other space. All you need is access to internet, your ID number and mobile phone. Renewing your driving license in Kenya is now Easy, thanks to the newly launched e-citizen portal.
To renew drivers license in Kenya here are Steps to follow:
- Create an account on the NTSA/ eCitizen portal with your E-mail address (or National ID Number) and Password.
- If you already have an account, log in and skip to step 8
- To register, enter your ID Number and your first name then click verify
- Enter your email address, the password you’d like to use, agree to the terms and press ‘Continue’
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Click on the link provided to activate your account
- Enter your mobile phone number and click on ‘Send Verification Code’. Enter the code you receive on your phone and click on ‘Verify’
- Upload your recent passport photo and press ‘Continue’
- You will now be directed to the eCitizen portal dashboard. Click on NTSA(National Transport and Safety Authority) ‘Get Service Now‘
- Go to ‘Submit Application’ > ‘Application for Driving Licenses’ >’Driving license Renewal‘ and click on ‘Apply Now’
- Enter the Reference Number and the Renewal period. The renewal period will determine how much you pay. For 1 year you will pay a total of Ksh. 650 and Ksh 1450 for 3 years.
- Confirm details and pay using one of the available payment options.
- Click on ‘Services to download your Renewal Slip
- Print, cut and stick the Renewal slip to your Driving Licence.
READ ALSO; NTSA TIMS; How to Transfer Motor Vehicle Ownership Online in Kenya.
After You renew driving licence:
- Enforcement officers (Traffic police) will use mobile phone to confirm validity of your Driving Licence
- NTSA also offers a mobile platform where one can find out their driving license details. One can always check by using the following process. Send the word ‘DL’ to 22430 to subscribe, then dial *512#, type in your ID Number / Passport Number (The Number you used during the application for the DL) or type in their Driving License Reference Number and then Click. Each transaction cost Kshs. 6.
*We’ll be glad to hear from you. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please leave them on the comments section below.