Google Ad Grants is part of the Google for Non-profits program. Google Ad Grants offers advertising solutions designed for non-profits of all shapes and sizes to help them promote their websites on Google.
Google grants give you an opportunity to share your message to the world and therefore attract more donors, Volunteers and others who would want to partner with you. It will help you reach thousands of supporters around the world, helping you effect change through awareness.
Show up on search
Google ads grant shows your ads to people who are searching for non -profits like yours and help you reach out to people who were unaware of your cause. Remember you can target your ads to both local and international audience.
Google grants make it easier for people to donate to your cause. The more easily to donate the more they will do so.
You can easily track
Once your ads are live you can use Google analytics and conversion tracking to measure your ads and see what’s working.
How it works
Google gives you two options: If you have limited time to manage your ad account you can use Adword Express. Alternatively, if you prefer to manage your account you can use Adwords and get access to powerful tools to create target and optimise campaigns.
How to qualify for Google Ad Grants:
To qualify for Google Ad Grants, your organisation must:
- Begin by applying to Google for Nonprofits.
- Hold valid charity status. Please see the Google For Nonprofits site for definitions of charity status in your country.
- Acknowledge and agree to Google’s required certifications regarding non-discrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a live website with substantial content.
Governmental entities and organisations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, childcare centres, academic institutions and universities are not eligible for Google Ad Grants, but philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
Here’s how to stay qualified:
To maintain your eligibility for Google Ad Grants, your organisation must:
- Link your ads to one (and only one) website domain, which should be the same one that was approved in your initial application.
- Actively manage your AdWords account by logging in once a month and making at least one change to your account every 90 days.
- Your ads and keywords should match your organisation’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.
- Your ads must not link to pages that are primarily composed of links to other websites.
- Your ads may not offer financial products (like mortgages or credit cards), nor can they request donations of cars, boats, or other property.
- Your site can’t display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links.
Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program.
A few things you need to remember:
As you think about the best ways to use Google Ad Grants, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images).
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages.
- All campaigns must be keyword-targeted.
- Your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD.
- You’ll receive $10,000 USD (up to $40,000 USD for Grantspro participants) of in-kind AdWords advertising each month.
At present, Google Ad Grants is open only to organizations based in the following countries.
In case you need any help, let me know in the comments.